I shoot for a simple, plant-based diet of mostly unprocessed foods. I am vegan.
- Grains: Steel-cut oats, quinoa, sometimes brown rice or sprouted-grain bread.
- Legumes: Black beans, lentils, red or pinto beans, soybeans or simple soybean products such as tofu, soymilk, tempeh (I eat fake meats sparingly).
- Veggies: Greens such as spinach, kale, chard, bok choy; avocados, green or red peppers, broccoli, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, garlic.
- Fruits: Berries, apples, pears, bananas, kiwis, mangoes, figs.
- Nuts & seeds: Raw almonds,walnuts, pumpkin seeds, ground flaxseeds.
- Baked tempeh with a side of lentils and kale.
- Cooked steel-cut oats mixed with ground flaxseeds, raw almonds, berries, bananas, raisins, cinnamon (more).
- Tofu stir-fried with quinoa, onions, kale or other greens, carrots.
- Scrambled tofu with veggies (recipe).
- Black beans, veggies, quinoa or brown rice.
- Veggie chili with three types of beans, veggies (recipe).
- Big ass salad: greens, nuts, avocados, tomatoes, olives, fruit, beans, anything really.
What I drink: